Wednesday, 6 April 2011

Jack Wills advertising censored


The advertising standards agency (ASA) have banned clothing brand Jack Wills' latest catalogue. One of the picture shows a topless couple kissing:

"Because we considered (one of the images) in particular to be overtly sexual in nature, we concluded that the catalogue was sufficiently provocative as to present a risk to younger teenagers"

I was a bit surprised, I don't really know what the rules are on advertising in the UK but the image doesn't look too shocking to me. The ASA said that Wills is popular with people younger than their claimed 18-22 target audience, which I think is true. I want to say it's a good thing that they've cut it, even if it's just so that there's one less advert out there commodifying people.

Link to the Guardian news article
Earlier post about Diesel 'Be Stupid' advertising

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers